TheraTape Education Center
SpiderTech Gentle has been developed especially for individuals with sensitive or fragile skin. Its patented new “Stratagel” adhesive is latex-free, hypoallergenic and applied to soft, breathable cotton material. SpiderTech Gentle is suitable for geriatric populations, pediatric populations and anyone else with sensitive or fragile skin.
What makes SpiderTech Gentle different?
The adhesive in standard kinesiology taping products is applied to the back of the tape in a wave or plow pattern, creating alternating areas of adhesive and no adhesive. Each adhesive segment grips firmly to the top surface of the skin, creating a pressure differential between the areas with adhesive and those with no adhesive. While most people can tolerate this type of adhesive with no problems, individuals with sensitive skin may experience irritation as the ridges of adhesive pull on the skin with every movement. Individuals with thin, fragile skin may also experience excessive loss of cells from the skin’s surface when the tape is removed, contributing to skin breakdown or abrasions.
The new Stratagel™ adhesive in all SpiderTech Gentle products is completely different. It incorporates a soft, gel-like, adhesive that completely covers the back of the tape. When applied to the skin, it lays smoothly over the entire skin surface. Because the surface is solid, there are no ridges to pull and irritate skin and hair follicles. SpiderTech Gentle also removes easily with little or no irritation or damage to skin cells during removal.
How does it compare to SpiderTech’s regular adhesive?
The adhesive in Spider Tech Gentle allows it to stay on for 2-3 days, compared to 3-5 days for standard Spider Tech products. Gentle tape is equally effective for neurosensory applications (relief of pain and swelling), but is slightly less effective for structural (support) applications.
Why use SpiderTech Gentle?
- obtain the benefits of kinesiology taping without discomfort
- greatly reduces irritation, itching and redness of the skin in taped areas
- less discomfort and/or skin damage when tape is removed
- tape can be applied continuously without the need for a break to allow skin to recover
- perfect for everyone with sensitive skin, including the elderly, infants and children
SpiderTech Gentle Buying Information
- all SpiderTech Precut Kinesiology Tape applications and SpiderTape rolls are available in the Gentle line
- SpiderTech Gentle products are priced the same as regular SpiderTech products
- SpiderTech Gentle products come in beige only